We want to hear your opinion…
Think back to your childhood, and your favorite television shows – when we were lucky to get 5 channels, and “rabbit ears” were common. Those were TV antennas, for you youngsters that weren’t around yet. If you were, you’d remember your Dad getting up out of his chair and fiddling with them every time he turned the channel.
Maybe you had a black and white television, or maybe you were lucky and had a color TV. Remote controls? Ha! That was a job for little brothers!
Sure, we probably all watched Saturday morning cartoons, but I’ll save that for another post. Right now, just think about the television shows you watched. Maybe the shows you watched when you got home from school, or maybe the shows you got to stay up late (9:00 pm) to watch.
I admit, when I was a kid, watching television was the last thing I wanted to do. I was far too busy playing outside with the neighbor kids. But I do remember watching a couple of programs on television that I really liked:
- Lost in Space – I had a mad crush on Will <3
- Gilligans Island – I loved the inventions the Professor was always coming up with
- The Sixth Sense (when I got to stay up) – This show made you think!
- Mission Impossible – you can’t beat that opening sequence, and how they always thwarted the bad guys
- Medical Center – ooooh, Chad Everett as the dreamy Dr. Joe Gannon
- Laugh In, The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game (remember Bob Eubanks?) were all fun shows
- I LOVED the weekends when Creature Feature Night was on! I always planned slumber parties for Creature Feature Night! Anything scary and creepy, and I was all in. My girlfriends, not so much.